In Office Assisted Whitening
Assisted in office office teeth whitening procedures follow a somewhat standard routine. A trained smile enhancer will:
- Take a shade measurement of your teeth before the procedure begins.
- Place a cheek retractor to expose all the teeth that are visible when you smile.
- Cover your eyes, gums, and lips, to protect them from the bleaching gel.
- Apply a special whitening gel to your teeth.
- Teeth Whitening will take place in three to four 15-20 minutes sessions.
- Remove previous layer of whitening gel.
- Apply more whitening gel if necessary.
- Remove your cheek retractors so that you can rinse your mouth.
- Take your final teeth shade.
- Temporary dehydration of your teeth may enhance the immediate postoperative result.
This procedure is neither painful or uncomfortable.
Here is what to do after the assisted teeth whitening procedure for best results:
- follow the white diet for 24 to 48 hours after a teeth whitening treatment. Remember that after a teeth whitening treatment, the pores of your enamel are open and this makes them extra vulnerable to stains.
Here is what you need to do, before assisted teeth whitening for best results:
- You should brush your teeth.
- Consider using lip balm before to avoid dry or sore lips.
- You should also get your teeth professionally cleaned or schedule an Assisted self care appointment.